SaY hellO section

Hey Nicola,
feel welcome and show up. Someone will be around. Maybe it would be great to send @Bjorn, @MalteLarsen and @niccokunzmann a message if its possibel for them to show you the bioLab. Not everyone did have the access to the lab.

Hi Nicola,
A welcome from my part, too. Thursday is fine. I will not be there, but usually @MalteLarsen ist arround. If you prefere Friday evening, I could show you arround, just let me know.
I will deny with Malte because of tomorrow, and let you know here.
Best
Bjorn

Hi Nicola, pleasure to meet another fungi enthusiast. Another visitor wish to see the lab tmr. I will be there from 11pm to 4am, so you might just give me a call when you’d like to come. I will send you my number. See you tmr.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi @Muna,
feel Free to join for todays gathering

best
bjorn

Hi, I am Ugur. I have just started bee-keeping with @Thias.
I will likely use the kitchen for honey production. I am also looking forward to follow the upcoming workshops, hopefully after the Corona-Times.

4 „Gefällt mir“

Hi everyone and thanks for the add to the bioPunk.kitchen forum, my name is Vanessa Lorenzo Toquero. I am an artist, biohacker and industrial design engineer based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Also, a board member of the biohacking community Hackuarium since 2014 and part of the Hackteria constellation.

I will be visiting you in the following months to develop the project Mari Mutare - hybridoa.org from the 15th February to the end of April.

Specifically at this time in bioPunk.kitchen, I am engaging in bryophytes cultures development with the kind collaboration of Bjorn and an external expert in extremophiles. More info is available on my website above and on my github Vlorenzolana (Hybridoa).

Glad to virtually meeting you!

2 „Gefällt mir“

Dear @Vanessa,

I am looking forward to have you as residency for your work at Mari Mature!
Of course we are somewhat resticted because of the pandemic restrictions, but of course we will would like to welcome you as warmly as possible.
Just let me know if there are some issues you would like to know or talk about, concerning the biolab or your general preparations.
In advance,…
let me also introduce you to @Frief (Frieder). He is godfather for our rapid prototyping maschines and expert for 3D modelling/printing and an all arround hero. As you plan to may 3D print, he is a good first person to contact for.
And in addition I would like to introduce you to @Martin. He is community officer and project manager for the fabLab (machBar) and also for the science shop (NGO and executing organisation). Besides me he could help with general issues. For example for organising temporarily a key to the lab, for you.

See you very soon
Bjorn

1 „Gefällt mir“

Dear Vanessa
Really excited to get to know you. I study product design with a passion for biomaterials and additive manufacturing. Would love to get to know more about your project and see if I could participate and support in any way.
Best regards
Clara

2 „Gefällt mir“

Hello! Thank you, @Bjorn, for the warm words and useful information.

@Frief Clara and Martin nice to virtually meeting you, I am writing you a pm.

Have a nice week!

Vanessa

2 „Gefällt mir“

Dear Clara, that’s really nice!

The project partly consists of making scaffolds with biomaterials. I have some experience with bioprinting, bioink, bioplastic and vegetal leader with kombucha. For printing, on one hand, I have an Anycubic Photon LCD-based SLA 3D Printer, with which I am starting to print with plant-based resin. I also have a regular FDM FL-SUN QQ S 3D printer with which I tend to print with PLA or Wood filaments.

Happy to share recipes and curious to know what you are working on too.

@Frief is there any link to check the available gear and requirements to operate at Machbar?

@Martin upon arrival on Saturday 13th I will quarantine for 5 days before getting tested, so I would only be able to start from 22 February on. I wonder what the procedure to get the key is.

I am thrilled about getting to be part of your community!

Best,

Vanessa

2 „Gefällt mir“

Hello,
Nice meeting you in our short meeting on Saturday.
I live really close by.

If you have any urgent needs, I can be in Machbar in around 5mins.
I work from home as SW Engineer, and I am close by most of the time.

Just write a PM and I can give you my Number.

Christoph

2 „Gefällt mir“

Hello, my name is Selina. I am interested in sustainable,
more specifically compostable materials as an alternative for existing,
environmentally harmful products.
Developing innovative processes and creating products which can be
returned to the natural cycle is what drives me.

3 „Gefällt mir“

Welcome Selina!
Nice drive!

Hello, my name is Bea. I am a biodesigner and fashion designer and I am mainly working with algae and bacterial cellulose to create compostable materials and connect bioremediation with fashion and art. I would be interested in connecting with other bio’ people. I was visiting the lab last week and had a little chat with Jürgen and I fell in love with your lab. I would love to start working in the lab. Would be happy to hear from you! All the best, Bea www.beabruecker.com

2 „Gefällt mir“

Welcome, to Machbar & bioPunk.kitchen Bea :slight_smile:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Bea,
nice to have you here. Thank you for the insight into your work! Algae hasn’t been working here,yet. But we have some equipment, though. Shaker, plant light, different flasks. The flowhoods are in repair. And the room situation is actually on hold, somehow. Anyway, there ist space to start workin if wished.
We can meet if you like. I would suggest the next Plenum of machBar, on 7. Oktober…? (with bbq)
best Bjorn

p.S.: I do have a combucha-project, aktually

Hi Björn, that sounds great, would love to get to know you all and your projects. Let’s talk more at the next Plenum! All the best, Bea

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Bea,
I need to correkt myself. The next Plenum is Fr. 6th October

https://forum.wilap.de/t/machbar-plenum-freitag-06-oktober-2023-18-00-abgrillen/2003?u=bjorn

Hi Björn,
Oh what a pity, unfortunately I won’t be in Potsdam on Friday. Could we meet on another date as well? Best, Bea

Dear Björn,

would you have time to meet this week? Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend the Plenum on Friday, however my partner was there. I am still very interested in working at the biopunk kitchen and would be happy to get to know you and the lab.