SaY hellO section

If you are new in this bioPunk.kitchen forum you can introduce yourself shortly and may mention your three main interests and expertise.

Wenn du neu hier im Forenbereich der bioPunk.kitchen Community bist, kannst du hier Hallo sagen und dich kurz vorstellen. Am besten nennst du auch dein Fachgebiet und drei deiner Hauptinteressen.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi, I am Nicco, you can ask me about Water Kefir thanks to Svenja, Kombucha, Ginger Root Beer and Milk Kefir (also vegan with coconut).

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi, my name is Bjorn. My main interests here are #cultivation of all kind of organisms, working on #IoT cases for biohacking & bio-community selforganisation. My expertises are #plants, fungi and animals (as organisms), #aquaponic systems, #microscoping.
Feel free to ask me here…

Hi, I am Toka. I’m familiar with all kinds of technical things, but have little expertise in biological endeavors. I’m here mainly to learn something.

Things, I would like to learn:

• cultivation and detection of bacteria
  • interesting “ice breaking” experiments for beginner students of biology
  • collection of basic skills needed in a biological lab

In addition I would like to support bioPunk.kitchen as a place to connect to people with expertise in all different skills in context of biology.

2 „Gefällt mir“

hi, i’m hannah.

involved in making electronic textiles and wearable technology.
#etextiles - http://howtogetwhatyouwant.at/

more recently looking for ways to strap our tools to our bodies and walk outside our studio/labs/workshops, to explore how our practices are affected by what lies beyond familiar infrastructures of making. to discover new materials and expose our practices to outside views.
#wearablestudiopractice - http://wsp.plusea.at/a-wearable-studio-practice/

my growing interest in biology and living materials is to blur the boundaries we’ve imagined between: materials, tools and makers.
#blurringboundaries

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi,
I’m Sven and I’d liked to occasionally access the kitchen to feed and cuddle the wasserkefir, and more frequently access the water tap and washing area during the events in the machbar.

I’m eager to learn the washing area regulations and will make sure to oversee and implement them during ChaosTreff events.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi, Matthias here. Mainly using the kitchen for beekeeper storage and honey production :slight_smile:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi I’m Frieder
I’ve been in here in the Machbar for a while now.
I’m responsible for the 3D printer and partly for the CNC machines
Together with Björn, I built the beautiful kitchensign.

Mainly I will probably use the vacuum dryer to dry 3D filament

I find it very sad that people who have put a lot of work and time in the expansion,
were excluded from the BioPunk kitchen from hire to now!

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Frieder,
nice to have you here.
Just a hint to your post. In this threat we only SaY hellO, if you have some feedback, please post it in another threat, Thank you.
(I meant following:

)

Hello. My name is Johannes. I‘m relatively new in Potsdam. I‘ve studied eventengineering and -management in Berlin, so i‘m familiar with construction, CAD (2D/3D), electricity, audio, video and so on.
My Hobbys are playing drums, Trading Card Games and Tabletop Miniature Games. Lately i made some experiments with silicone molding, resin casting and airbrush. As a sideproject, i‘m currently about to Rack-my-Mac.
I‘m here, because i‘m interested in 3D Scaning and 3D Printing and to meet friendly, open minded maker in Potsdam.
CU

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hay people, I’m working with mushrooms for quite some years now. I work for mikroBIOMIK.org and do workshops, lectures and research with fungi. I just moved my lab to the biopunk.kitchen last weekend and I’m looking forward to work with you :slight_smile:. I dont have a key yet, and I would need to access the lab tmr. Is anyone at the lab at that time? Or how is the procedure? Looking forward to meet you all, Malte

2 „Gefällt mir“

Hi @Johannes and @MalteLarsen,

welcome!
@MalteLarsen, for opening and closing, you can read here. Especially “Wie bekomme ich einen Schlüssel?”, currently I would invite you to the plenum generally or the next one tomorrow.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi,
my name is Muna. I’m a biologist currently working in the food diagnostic market to detect #microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and viruses or #GMO (genetically modified organisms). I also have a passion and expertise in #cell biology, e.g. culturing of human cells and designing organoids to avoid animal testing.
I would like to participate in workshops and trainings and excite other people about biology!

4 „Gefällt mir“

Hi @Muna,
nice to have you, here. If you like to tinker a little bit, please, feel free! Usually, open lab is each Thursday. There, you could have a tour in the .kitchen and it’s workspace’s. Actually, it is a bit messy. @MalteLarsen moved his Lab-devices to our .kitchen. He plans to be around on Thursdays and Fridays. Others have flexible times to be around. You can also join our telegram group for a chat.

See you
Björn

Hi Muna.
I would like to learn how to cultivate and detect bacteria and fungi.

Hello everyone!
I’m Nicola. I study for about 2 years now all aspects of Fungi, mainly in cultivation, taxonomy and ecology. I’m intrested in cultivation of wild Fungi-Samples. I also would like to explore the morphological structures of Fungi and other micro organisms through the Mircoscope… and for sure to meet you humans!

I would like to come and visit the Biokitchen on thursday. How does it work for newbies? Can i just show up at 19uhr or do i need a appointment?

happy to meet you
Nicola

2 „Gefällt mir“

Hey Nicola,
feel welcome and show up. Someone will be around. Maybe it would be great to send @Bjorn, @MalteLarsen and @niccokunzmann a message if its possibel for them to show you the bioLab. Not everyone did have the access to the lab.

Hi Nicola,
A welcome from my part, too. Thursday is fine. I will not be there, but usually @MalteLarsen ist arround. If you prefere Friday evening, I could show you arround, just let me know.
I will deny with Malte because of tomorrow, and let you know here.
Best
Bjorn

Hi Nicola, pleasure to meet another fungi enthusiast. Another visitor wish to see the lab tmr. I will be there from 11pm to 4am, so you might just give me a call when you’d like to come. I will send you my number. See you tmr.

1 „Gefällt mir“